Sugar free Chocolate Brownies to bring a bit of magic to anyway of the week. These are refined sugar & gluten free, paleo friendly & vegan... and made with superfood avocado.
These are the most tasty chocolate brownies I’ve ever made & eaten. They have lovely crispy edges with a super squidgy and fudgy centre. Easy to make and they’re a winner for everyone!
These are made with dates instead of refined sugar or sweeteners. The avocado creates a lovely silky texture and keeps them lovely & moist. They’re made using almond and coconut flour and flax egg.
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cacao powder
3 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 ripe avocado
50g coconut flour
50g almond flour
200g pitted dates
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (Fan oven)
2. Soak dates in hot water for 10 mins.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Drain the dates and blend in a processor with all the wet ingredients and melted coconut oil, then add that mixture to all the dry ingredients in the bowl.
5. Stir until you have a nice, rich brownie dough.
6. Spread the mix evenly into a 1-2 inch deep baking tray lined with greaseproof / baking paper.
7. Bake for 35 - 40 mins. Check brownies towards the end of the cooking by putting a fork in, if it comes out almost clean they are good to go, if not, leave for a few more minutes, but be careful not to burn them!
8. Leave to cool for 30 mins before cutting a serving.
Check out the rest of my website for more healthy recipes with no added sugar, along with help and advice on living a low or no sugar lifestyle. And if you would like to experience all of the benefits of a sugar detox you can sign up to my 21 Day Sugar Detox here.