This is a super tasty sugar free, dairy free, vegan cheesecake with a cardamon & pistachio base.
I love a recipe that ticks lots of boxes for lots of people. A little crowd pleaser that everyone can tuck in to...and here’s one that makes a valiant effort to please all while tasting utterly divine!
Let me introduce you to no cheese cheese-cake that’s vegan, sugar free, gluten free, paleo & easily adapted for keto. This is one of the prettiest desserts to make and the flavours pair perfectly. The ingredients are packed with phytonutrients & antioxidants great for protecting our cells against free radicals, support digestive health & have anti inflammatory properties.
You can either make a large cake or if you prefer you can make individual portions. Either way it’s pure bliss to eat and so healthy too xx
12 dates (soaked in hot water for 5 mins)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup hulled pistachio nuts
1 cup cashew nuts
1 tbsp freshly ground cardamom (seeds only)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 x 450g full fat coconut cream
juice of one lime
2 cups blueberries (or any preferred berries)
2 tbsp agar flakes or 1.5 tsp agar powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
Optional: add sweetener of choice. I don’t add any additional sweetener as I find the berries, coconut milk & and base make it sweet enough.
1. Drain the water from dates and add them to the processor with the other base ingredients.
2. Whizz it all up until crumbly in texture.
3. Empty in to a spring form tin and press it down with a spoon or glass. Leave it to set in the fridge for half an hour.
1. Add the berries, coconut milk & lime juice to the processor and mix.
2. Empty into a pan and add the agar before the mixture gets too hot. Then gently stir as it starts boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer for a good 10 mins.
3. Add in the coconut oil and simmer for another few minutes. If adding sweetener, add now.
4. Remove from heat and leave it to cool down and slightly thicken.
5. When cooled pour over the base and put back in the fridge to set. It takes between 4 and 6 hours to set thoroughly.
Check out the rest of my website for more healthy recipes with no added sugar, along with help and advice on living a low or no sugar lifestyle.
You can find out more about the benefits of cutting out excess sugar from your diet hey watching my video below or reading my blog here.
And if you would like to experience all of the benefits of a sugar detox you can sign up to my 21 Day Sugar Detox here.